Thursday, February 25, 2010

Meeting Regis

Yesterday, I had a pretty exciting encounter while at work. I was just sitting at my desk when I heard a familiar voice coming from the elevator. I knew I recognized the voice, but couldn't quite place it. Moments later, none other than Regis Philbin came walking around the corner by my desk. I instinctively said "Hey Regis" and he replied "Hello." He then went into the head writers' office to talk with them for awhile. I sat there somewhat stunned at what just happened. The first thing I had noticed was that he was pretty short and the second thing was how well dressed he was. He was wearing his typical suit and a shiny blue tie. His tie reminded me of his "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" days.

After several minutes he came out of their office and said to me, "So, what do you do?" I proceeded to tell him that I interned for the Stangel brothers and the writers. The head writers then introduced me saying, "This is Carson." Regis replied, "Carson eh? Like Johnny Carson?" I said "Yep." He then said, "You know you kind of look like Johnny Carson too." He then went on his way.

I know it was a brief convo, but it was still pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My NYC Address

Carson Stokebrand
c/o Dr. Chhaya Dey
116 Pinehurst Ave. #J-14
New York, NY 10033

Followers